Are you unhappy with your college choice? Are you struggling academically? Suffering from lack of social life? You’re not alone. Nearly 20% of college students transfer to another school.
Student Positioning Program for College Transfer Students
At College Planning 101, we thoroughly understand the college transfer process. We use the same Student Positioning Program for our college transfer students as we do for high school students. This program is designed to help students find colleges based on social, academic and financial compatibility. The philosophy of “Student Positioning” was developed in response to the rising cost of higher education and the increasing use of enrollment management principles. When students attend colleges that are a social, academic and financial fit, they are happier AND more likely to graduate on time.
Student positioning also helps families qualify for need-based and/or merit money from the colleges. The more merit and need-based money your child receives, the less their student loan payments will be upon graduation. We also put students through a personality assessment that guides the student towards the career(s) that would best suit them.
As soon as a student voices concern about their college choice, we’re ready to get to work. For our long-distance students we can speak on the phone or Skype for the initial consultation.
Student Positioning Process….Here’s how we do it:
- Completion of a Career/Personality Search – helps to direct a student in a career that matches their strengths, values and interests. This program also helps the student understand the outlook of that career as well as how much they can expect to make in that career.
- Professional College Search with an academic advisor – this helps a student find colleges with the right social and academic fits.
- Review of college application(s) to make sure the student is represented in the best way possible.
- Provide a College Tracking List (CTL) helping you understand what to do next and a time frame for when all of above needs to be completed.
- Many more tools and technology to help make this process more organized and less overwhelming.
For more information or to schedule a no-obligation, free consultation, call 845-605-1100 x1.